- Supported Devices
- Aug 08,2019
- 69.93 MB
- Release Date
X410 is an X Window server for Windows 10. When you want to use X Window GUI apps on remote servers, simply run X410 and connect to your server via SSH with X11 forwarding. Once connected, just launch your GUI app from the command prompt; it'll pop up and ready for you on Windows 10!
X410 also works with your locally installed virtual machines and WSL (Windows Subsystem for Linux) as well as Docker containers.
// USAGE TIPS & NOTES
- While X410 is in desktop mode, you can maximize or restore the X410 window by pressing CTRL+ALT+BACKSPACE.
- Running X410 on HiDPI/4K Screens
- Creating a shortcut for directly opening WSL GUI desktop
- Booting Hyper-V Ubuntu desktop onto X410 via VSOCK; No need for TCP/IP network or firewall permissions!
- Sharing Windows fonts with WSL
- Opening a genuine Linux terminal emulator (WSL) directly from Windows File Explorer
- WSL (Windows Subsystem for Linux) doesn't officially support X Window GUI apps. Hence you may see far more warning messages or unable to run some X Window GUI apps from WSL.
Related Windows Apps