Out with the old, in with the new. The powerful archiver 8 Zip has expanded its set of capabilities with the new Continuum, Cortana and Windows Hello technologies.
Now one app, one license, a uniform design and functionality can be had on all types of devices. Decrypt files through an iris scan or at a touch. Listen to music, read documents, and watch videos right in the app. Share files with friends – it’s simple.
8 Zip is a cutting-edge archiver.
• High-speed archiving and unpacking.
• Incorporation of Continuum technology.
• Ability to decrypt archives using Windows Hello.
• Play music and video, display images and text files directly in the app.
• Send files by e-mail, post them on social networks, or share them on OneDrive and DropBox.
• Select the compression level and password protection.
• Print documents and images.
• One purchase gives you a license that is valid for all of your Windows 10 device.
8 Zip knows over 25 languages.
The app has been downloaded more than 3,000,000 times
Thank you for helping to make 8 Zip better! Simply send your suggestions for improvement to firstname.lastname@example.org and show your support by giving us a ★★★★★ review.
To purchase a corporate version of the program, please contact us by e-mail: [email protected]
• Create archives: zip, 7z, tar, gzip, bzip2, xz.
• Open and extract archives: rar, zip, 7z, zipx, iso, bzip2, gzip, tar, arj, cab, cbz, cbr.
• Built-in viewer and player.
• View images: jpeg, png, bmp, gif, tiff.
• Play music: mp3, wma, flac, m4a, aac, wav, ac3.
• Watch video: avi, 3gp, wmv, mp4, m4v, mov, mkv.
• Open and view text documents: docx, doc, rtf, txt.
• Support for the latest archive formats: RAR5 and 7z.
• Various compression methods: Deflate, Deflate64, BZip, LZMA, PPMd.
• Create password-protected archives: 256-bit AES encryption.
• Ability to open encrypted files through Windows Hello and Microsoft Passport technology.
• Support for decompressing multivolume archives: zip, rar, 7z.
• Support for Drag&Drop technology.
• Support for SD cards.
• Ability to Extract with the application from the Windows Explorer's context menu.
• 7-Zip library was updated to version 16.04.
• Creators Update support.
• Extended Share contract feature, now you can easily:
- send files from archive to the clipboard;
- unpack compressed file simple by sending it to 8 Zip from any other app including Explorer;
- unpack several archives at once;
- compress files with Share from another app including Explorer;
• Implemented auto update if you modified compressed document in external application.
• Added option to turn on app window transparency (aka NEON).
• Added compact overlay mode for image/audio/video viewer (aka Picture in picture).
• Added equalizer to audio player.
• The restoring of original time of files and folders during extraction was added.
• Xbox One support.
• Comic Book Archive support (.cbz, .cbr)
• UI improvements.
• New languages: Albanian, Croatian, Estonian, Finnish, Hungarian, Serbian, Swedish.
• Improved ability to select items in list for pen and mouse. Now you can do it using selection rectangle.
• Integration with Cortana
• Basic support of multitasking was added: packing and unpacking of small archives can be performed if app was minimized.
• Progress bar is shown when archive is opening.
8 Zip has become a completely universal UWP app and now works on any Windows 10 device: PC, laptop, tablet, smartphone, Xbox One, Hololens, IoT devices.
Support has been added for Continuum, Windows Hello, and Microsoft Passport technologies.
8 Zip is Universal app from now.
RAR5 support added.
Recent archives list.
New languages: Arabic, Belarusian, Bulgarian, Vietnamese, Greek, Indonesian, Dutch, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Romanian, Slovenian, Turkish, Ukrainian, Farsi, Hindi, Czech, Japanese.